A Boston Landmark
Only yards away from “Old Ironsides,” the Museum is a “must see” for everyone visiting Boston, where interactive galleries take adults, families and children of all ages on a 200-year voyage.
- Learn how a wooden hull helped earn the nickname Old Ironsides.
- Discover how “Old Ironsides” has remained undefeated since being launched in 1797.
- Find out how school children contributed pennies to help save “Old Ironsides.”
- See how sailors ate a diet of hardtack and grog, and climbed masts 200 feet in the air
A National Symbol
The USS Constitution Museum reaches out to all Americans with the story of one of our country’s most cherished icons.
- See how teachers around the world are using All Hands On Deck: Learning Adventures Aboard “Old Ironsides” in their classrooms.
- Learn how the Museum brings Constitution‘s War of 1812 crew to life and allows virtual visitors tour the ship in 1812 online through the A Sailor’s Life for Me! website.
*The USS Constitution Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit museum.