Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the USS Constitution Museum.
Public Programs Coordinator
The USS Constitution Museum, a dynamic museum with award winning hands-on exhibits and programs, is seeking a part-time Public Programs Coordinator. The Public Programs Coordinator will manage all aspects of planning, developing, implementing, and assessing family and adult special event programs at the museum. With an annual schedule of lectures, community events, and family programs, the ideal candidate should possess an outgoing and creative personality, exceptional organizational and time management skills, and an enjoyment for working with the public. The timing of this position coincides with the creation and launch of a new exhibit, “Forest to Frigate”, and the celebration of the museum’s 40th anniversary. The Public Programs Coordinator will report to the Director of Collections & Learning and will work collaboratively with the entire Museum Learning department.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate adult and family public programs that promote the mission of the USS Constitution Museum, drive attendance, and expand audience loyalty. Past programs include a Salute to Freedom cruise in Boston Harbor, USS Constitution History in Drinks event, Guerriere the Terrier’s Birthday Bash, and an American Girl Doll Tea.
- Assist the Manager of Marketing and Communications with advertising the museum’s programming and events through a variety of media including print, e-mail, website, and social media outlets.
Qualifications: Candidates must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, be organized and detail-oriented, possess a mature and outgoing personality, and enjoy working with the public. Previous experience developing, managing, and promoting programs and events for all ages is ideal. This position will require some evening and weekend work.
To Apply: Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE.
Seasonal Store Associate (Part-time)
Qualifications: Entry level position. Applicants should have some basic understanding of history and Boston history in particular. Ability to communicate with customers and out-of-town visitors essential. Previous retail experience helpful.
How To Apply: Please send resume via email to:email@example.com
Apply by: May 05, 2016
Museum Learning Volunteers
Volunteers are trained by Museum Learning staff to assist visitors in our exhibits, answer questions about the Museum and its program, and support our educators in gallery and school programs. Additional responsibilities may be available based on interest and need. A volunteer commitment of eight hours per month is required to be considered.
If you would like more information about this program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Museum Learning Volunteer” in the subject heading.
The Curatorial Department at the USS Constitution Museum seeks an Archives Volunteer to assist the Archivist with collections inventory, processing, digitization, and other archival projects as needed. The USS Constitution Museum, located in the Charlestown Navy Yard, serves as the memory and educational voice of USS Constitution by collecting, preserving, and interpreting the stories of “Old Ironsides” and the people associated with her.
– Graduate coursework in library science and/or archives management.
– Demonstrated experience scanning documents and photographs, as well as basic Photoshop editing skills.
– Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
– Interest in maritime history and/or American history a plus.
Schedule: Minimum of 4 hours per week between 10 AM and 5 PM, Monday – Friday.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Kate Monea, Archivist, at email@example.com. This is an unpaid volunteer position.