The USS Constitution Museum seeks an experienced marketing director to elevate visibility, drive attendance, and expand audience loyalty. The USS Constitution Museum is a dynamic museum celebrating over 40 years of award winning hands on exhibits and programs. Located next to the legendary USS Constitution, the Museum engages over 350,000 visitors annually. The Museum is looking for an innovative marketing/PR professional who can strategize and lead the Museum’s traditional and digital media strategies at a pivotal moment of tremendous growth for the Museum.
– Create and implement a comprehensive and measurable digital, social, and traditional media marketing strategy that promotes the Museum’s audience, visibility, and financial goals.
– Lead staff from multiple departments in the identification, creation, publication, and governance of compelling content based on target audience and appropriate channel for each effort. Create communications pieces such as newsletter, press releases, media advisories, annual report, etc.
– Lead all media efforts. Generate media coverage online and in print and broadcast to raise the USS Constitution Museum’s institutional profile. Build awareness of special exhibitions, programs and collections through local, national and international outlets
– Lead website and social media initiatives, and manage media calendars to online and traditional media outlets to ensure consistent publicity for the Museum’s exhibitions and programs.
– Work collaboratively with the tourism industry and with our partners in the Charlestown Navy Yard to expand the Museum’s reach and encourage visitation
– Create, track, and report on metrics and analytics, establishing baselines and tracking effectiveness for all communications efforts.
– Develop and distribute monthly summary of media coverage and digital audience participation.
– Develop productive strategic partnerships.
– Drive business to the Museum’s retail entities on site and on line.
– Creativity, self-direction, and initiative are critical
– Positive and productive collaboration with staff from all departments of the Museum is paramount
– Excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills
– Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills
How to Apply
All marvels of marketing interested in the position, are asked to email a cover letter, resume, and work sample to email@example.com before May 22, 2019.
Position: Visitor Experience Representative
Reports to: Manager of Interpretation & Visitor Services and the Assistant Manager of Interpretation & Visitors Services.
Position Summary: The Visitor Experience Representative serves as the public face of the USS Constitution Museum and is essential to fulfilling the Museum’s goal of creating a positive, memorable experience where visitors can learn and connect to history. Interacting with over 350,000 visitors annually, this position serves a dual-role by providing outstanding customer services at the admission desk and leading a range of hands-on experiences for family and adult audiences throughout the exhibits.
Admission Desk:Act as a resource for visitors by welcoming and orienting them to the Museum’s offerings and other attractions in and around the Charlestown Navy Yard. Clearly communicate the admission by donation policy and accurately process financial transactions. Track daily visitation statistics and complete associated paperwork. Manage high volumes of visitor traffic and large crowds while providing personal attention to as many individuals as possible. Promptly and courteously answer incoming calls on the multi-line telephone system. Provide immediate and appropriate responses to safety and security concerns.
Exhibit Interpretation: Communicate information about USS Constitution’s history and engage with children, families, and adults in a way that respects their individual needs, motivations, and abilities. Provide positive and memorable experiences by facilitating a range of hands-on, minds-on programs and tours. Recognize and act on opportunities to enhance a visitor’s engagement in the exhibits by providing one-on-one assistance or by facilitating short activities at hands-on areas. Maintain exhibit spaces by resetting and restocking materials. Inform visitors of safety guidelines and, when possible, provide reasonable alternatives. Prepare materials for activities, programs and events. Learn more about the USS Constitution Museum’s exhibit and program philosophy at www.engagefamilies.org.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates possess exceptional customer service skills, a mature and outgoing personality, and an enjoyment for interacting with members of the public. They are detail-oriented; can manage several tasks simultaneously; display a positive attitude with visitors and staff members; and are willing to work as part of a team. Available on weekends and/or holidays. Previous employment or volunteer experience in museum interpretation or customer service positions is preferred. Those selected for the position will be required to attend monthly training on Mondays.
Schedule: 10:00-6:30 on Sundays and Mondays until October 31st. Flexible (on-call) positions are also available to cover staff vacations, special events, etc.
To Apply: Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, schedule preferences, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE.
USS CONSTITUTION MUSEUM | Charlestown Navy Yard, Building 22, Charlestown, MA 02129 | 6174261812