Last Updated: January 9, 2019
Gathering and Use of Information
2. You may be asked to provide some personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, etc.) in order to participate in the following online activities:
- group reservations
- purchase of products or other services
- donations and giving
- eNews subscriptions
- blog subscriptions
- surveys and contests
3. When you disclose personal information on the Museum website, we may use this information internally to complete a transaction, distribute receipts and thank-you letters, provide information about Museum-related news and upcoming events, extend Museum-related promotional offers, or send administrative or service-related announcements.
4. The Museum does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail address to any third party.
5. The Museum may disclose personally identifiable information when such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law; enforce the terms of any of our user agreements; or protect the rights, property, and safety of the USSCM, the users of its site, or others.
You can unsubscribe or opt out of receiving the communications described above by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or by sending an e-mail detailing your privacy request to us at email@example.com.
Information Collected Through Cookies
The USSCM website may link to external websites operated by other organizations. The USSCM is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and encourages you to read the privacy policies of other websites as these policies may differ from ours.
Children Twelve and Under
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) restricts the collection of personal information of children aged 12 or younger. The USSCM does not solicit personally identifiable information from children. Visitors twelve years of age and under should remember that they are required to obtain an adult’s permission before submitting any information to this website. If your child has submitted personally identifiable information and you would like to request that such information be removed, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The credit card information you provide online for any purpose is protected by an encryption technology called the Secure Sockets Layer Protocol. This security software encrypts your credit card information so that it cannot be read. The USSCM cannot guarantee 100% security of information provided via the Internet or through our website. If you prefer, you may supply credit card information over the phone by contacting the appropriate department.
The USSCM takes reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information both online and off-line, but absolute security cannot be guaranteed. The USSCM shall not be liable for the transfer or use of any personally identifiable information resulting from loss or distribution of data, the corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism or any other event beyond the USSCM’s reasonable control.
Contact the USSCM
USS Constitution Museum
Charlestown Navy Yard
Boston, MA 02129