Registration is closed.
The event is at capacity and walk-ins cannot be accepted.
Look for our next Scout Day in November 2023.
April 2, 2023
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
USS Constitution Museum
$10 per scout
Calling all Scouts!
Join us in the Charlestown Navy Yard for Scout Day–a special day of activities just for BSA Scouts and Girl Scouts. Scouts will learn about life at sea in 1812 and life in the Navy today, all while meeting requirements for scout rank advancement badges. Explore the Museum and Ship as you stop at different activity stations throughout the Navy Yard. There will be something for all ages, so come as a scout, a family, or as a troop! All registered scouts will receive a special USS Constitution Museum Scout Day patch.
- Tour USS Constitution, a national landmark. Don’t forget to bring your troop’s American flag to fly on board and fold with a Navy crew member.
- Build and race your own ship out of household materials in our Ship Design Challenge.
- Join in knot-tying challenges and 1812 sailor games.
- Express your creativity at the “Paint a battle” and “Make a Captain’s Hat” maker stations.
- Participate in a mock 1812 gun drill with your troop.
- Meet USS Constitution’s active-duty Navy crew.
- Write a letter of encouragement to a new Navy recruit in boot camp.
A full list of activities and related badge requirements is coming soon. Please note, the Museum will provide evidence of completed activities, but will not provide any merit badges at this event.
- Registration for this event has ended. Questions? Contact our Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is part of the Museum’s Salute to Service Initiative, supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.